PLH3D-6W Magnetic Nozzle with Air Chamber - 43 mm Spindle Adapter
About the PLH3D-6W Magnetic Nozzle - 43 mm Spindle Adapter
- Directs the flow of air from the fan to the surface to be cut or engraved
- Removes smoke to improve the power that is delivered to the material
- Highly recommended for engraving or cutting materials that generate smoke
- Quick attachment and detachment from PLH3D-6W–Series laser heads via Neodymium magnets
- Functions as a 43 mm spindle adapter
This nozzle is designed to interface with PLH3D-6W–Series engraving laser heads. It helps to form airflow, which is very important during engraving since dark smoke is a considerable obstacle for the laser beam. In some situations, the power may drop by 50 % when smoke is not removed quickly, which results in a different cutting depth or a different color of the engravement. Smoke can be generated when engraving or cutting a variety of materials including wood, plastics, and other polymers, as well as some metals including those with surface treatments (e.g., anodization, enamel or paint).
The unit is machined from Aluminium and contains Neodymium magnets in each of the four corners to quickly attach and detach the unit from the laser head. This makes it easy to adjust the focal distance by rotating the lens.
This nozzle also functions as a 43 mm diameter spindle adapter. When used in this configuration, the nozzle should be mounted on the laser head with (the included) four M3 screws. However, when the nozzle is not used as a spindle adapter, there is no need to use it with the screws.